- “S” (Super Smart) – These devices represent all of Samsung’s top notch handsets, such as the Samsung Galaxy S.
- “R” (Royal / Refined) –These handsets will be a step down from the S-line.
- “W” (Wonder) – This line is less powerful than R and S, but it has a more gentle price point.
- “M” (Magical) – Mid-range devices, with a low price.
- “Y” (Young) – These are low-end devices aimed at a more younger crowd.
Class indicators — helps with the selling points of a device:
- “Pro” – Devices which carry a QWERTY keyboard.
- “Plus” – This indicates that the device is an upgrade from an existing model.
- “LTE” – Simple, it’s devices that are LTE enabled.
Sounds pretty clear, right? Lets backtrack for a second. If you follow this chart you’ll see each phone separated from the best to worst performed handsets, S>R>W>M>Y. Saying that this naming gimmick is a little confusing would be an understatement, but it’s yet to be seen if the masses will truly understand and adapt to the new naming system. Truthfully, people don’t care about cutesy names, all they care about is purchasing kick-ass phones at an affordable price, but that’s just my two cents. Pricing for these handsets has yet to be released, but we’ll get the scoop at the IFA event next week. In the meantime, lets drool over the specs for the new upcoming Galaxy phones, as shown below.
- Galaxy W – “High Tier”. This device will carry a 1.4 GHz single-core processor, 3.7-inch 800×480 LCD display, a 5MP Camera, Support for 14.4Mbps HSDPA and Android 2.3 Gingerbread.
- Galaxy M Pro – “Mid-range” with a QWERTY Keyboard. This device will also have Android 2.3 and pack a 1 GHz single-core processor, 2.66-inch 480×320 LCD display, and a 5MP rear and 3MP front facing camera.
- Galaxy Y – “Low End.” This handset will have a 832 MHz single-core processor, 3-inch 320×240 LCD display, a 2MP camera, support for 7.2Mbps HSDPA and Android 2.3 Gingerbread.
- Galaxy Y Pro – “Low end” with a QWERTY Keyboard. Not much is known about this device, but expect the same internals as the Galaxy Y with a way better screen resolution.
Sell Your Old Cell Phone for Cash
Select your device below to begin:
Buy a New Cell Phone
Best Sellers from AT&T
New Releases from AT&T
See all cell phones from AT&T
Best Sellers from Sprint
New Releases from Sprint
See all cell phones from Sprint
Best Sellers from Verizon
New Releases from Verizon
See all cell phones from Verizon