Finally, Verizon has officially announced the availability of the Motorola Droid Bionic. It turns out that last week’s Droid Bionic ad revealing a September 8th launch date was accurate, as the long-anticipated release is set for tomorrow at the steep price of $300 on a new two-year agreement. This phone is no joke. The dual-core processor to go along with the 4G LTE radios inside make the Droid Bionic a beastly smartphone for those addicted to power, speed, and performance.
Customers can also expect some pretty high-end features like 1080p HD video capture, Android 2.3.4 (Gingerbread), 1 GB of RAM, and a 4.3-inch qHD display, to name a few. Here’s a full list of some of the specs announced.
Motorola Droid Bionic Specs
- Powered by Android™ 2.3.4 Gingerbread
- Dual-core 1 GHz processor and 1 GB of RAM
- 4.3-inch qHD screen using scratch-resistant Corning® Gorilla® Glass with dual-layer anti-reflective coating
- 8-megapixel autofocus camera with flash and 1080p HD video capture
- Front-facing camera for video chat over 4G LTE, 3G or Wi-Fi
- MOTOPRINT app to print via Wi-Fi-enabled printers
- Mirror Mode with HDMI out (HDMI cable required) supporting 1080p HD video playback
- Multi-window options for multitasking with ease when using the Webtop application
- Business Ready with advanced security policies; resizable and scrollable email, calendar and task widgets; device and SD card encryption; and Citrix® GotoMeeting® and Citrix Receiver™ for Android
- Adobe® Flash® pre-loaded
- HTML 5 capable
- 32 GB memory: 16 GB on board and 16 GB microSD™ card pre-installed (actual formatted capacity is less)
- Support for up to 32 GB microSD cards
- Supports wireless charger
But wait, there’s more. Since accessories are a big part of Motorola’s high-end devices, here’s what you can look to buy alongside the Bionic:
- The Lapdock will be available for $299.97, the HD Station will be available for $99.99 and the Adapter for Webtop Application will be available for $29.99. For a limited time, customers who purchase a Lapdock with the DROID BIONIC can receive a $100 mail-in rebate when subscribing to a $50, 5 GB data plan or higher.
- Vehicle Navigation Dock delivers easy access to maps, favorite contacts, hands-free calling, music, navigation and more and supports streaming of audio and music via the 3.5 mm audio jack, if available, to play through vehicle speakers. The Vehicle Navigation Dock will be available for $39.99.
- The Battery Dock with standard battery is a pocket-sized accessory with an extra battery included to charge both DROID BIONIC and an extra battery at the same speed as a wall charger. The Battery Dock will be available for $49.99.