Rovio, the maker of the wildly popular Angry Birds game announced it has surpassed the a half a billion download mark. Rovio proclaimed it the most downloaded game in the history of gaming, this was said by the “Mighty Eagle” Mikael Hed on stage at the Slush Conference in Helsinki.
Here is more detailed layout of what the gaming company has achieved:
- It’s been #1 in 79 countries
- Players have already gone through 266 billion levels
- Players have flung 400 billion birds
- Players have collected 44 billion stars
- Players have played collectively 200,000 years in total
- Players were collectively playing 300 million minutes daily
Discussing the games rapid growth around the world, Mikael Hed, CEO of Rovio said:
“This is a fantastic landmark achievement for us, and we’re extremely delighted to see such an incredible amount of people enjoying our games.” He continued saying “We remain committed to creating more fun experiences and bringing exceptional quality toAngry Birds Fans everywhere.”
What’s even more incredible with this stat is the loyalty that users are showing. Users aren’t just downloading and going off to do their business, they’re actually playing at a remarkable length in time. Rovio said its users average about 300 million minutes of playing time daily, meaning they have played about 200,000 years of Angry Birds in total.
What do you guys think about these numbers?