OnlineMBAprograms.org prepared a
neat dark infographic to illustrate the true cost of making all those Apple products. And while we’re sure other OEMs have similar programs, the Cupertino giant is now one of the biggest companies in the world and is thus getting all the media attention, good and bad. Here are the highlights:
- The average American spent an estimated $321 on Apple products.
- The average Apple plant worker would have to do 3 months of work just to afford an iPhone.
- As of last year, 156 overseas plants produce Apple products, 5 of which were employing children.
- A third of were negligent in handling hazardous substances, causing workers to become ill.
- 62% of factories had laborers working over 60 hours a week.
- 18 workers killed themselves discouraged by the poor conditions at an Apple supplier plant in 2010, and in 2011 – 150 threatened to do the same.
And here’s all that presented in an infographic…
Sell Your Old Cell Phone for Cash
Select your device below to begin:
Buy a New Cell Phone
Best Sellers from AT&T
New Releases from AT&T
See all cell phones from AT&T
Best Sellers from Sprint
New Releases from Sprint
See all cell phones from Sprint
Best Sellers from Verizon
New Releases from Verizon
See all cell phones from Verizon