Thanks to the savvy ninjas at TmoNews we (think we) know when the Magenta carrier will be releasing Ice Cream Sandwich updates for few of its phones, including the Samsung Galaxy S II, HTC Sensation 4G and HTC Amaze 4G. The leaked document suggests Sammy’s baby will get Android 4.0 on May 14th, with HTC smartphones following two days later.
But that’s not all – we also have T-Mobile’s list of upcoming devices. Here’s what it has:
- 5/9 – Huawei Astro – low end handset
- 7/11 – Huawei Buddy – new myTouch with QWERTY keyboard
- 7/11 – Huawei Phoenix – all-touchscreen myTouch
- 7/11 – Samsung Gravity TXT – new color
- 8/1 – Samsung Cacao (T159) – most likely a low-end device
- 8/15 – Samsung Apex Q – no idea what this is
You’ve certainly noticed there are no such high-end models like Samsung Galaxy S III or HTC One X on the list, which is awkward to say the least. Heck, Galaxy Note is not there either and as far as we know it should be released any day now.
Then again, this information comes from a leaked document rather than official channels so it’s fair to assume some things could change, new devices could be added and so on. We’ll be following this closely and let you know as soon as we hear something new. Stay tuned…