Good folks of Microsoft Tag prepared a neat infographic to illustrate the world of mobile marketing and why this (mobile) channel is getting so much important. Here are the highlights:
- Of the world’s 4 billion mobile phones in use, 1.08 billion (27%) are smartphones and 3.05 billion (75%) are SMS enabled. By 2014, mobile Internet should take over desktop Internet usage.
- 86% of mobile Internet users are using their devices while watching TV.
- 29% of mobile users are open to scanning a mobile tag to get coupons.
- 91% of mobile Internet access is to socialize, compared to 79% on desktops.
- People use their mobile phones for Games (61%), weather (55%), maps/search (50%), social networking (49%), music (42%), news (36%), entertainment (33%), dining (25%), video (21%).
- Over 1/3 of Facebook’s 600 million+ user base uses Facebook Mobile. Twitter has 165 million users – 50% of them use Twitter Mobile.
- More than 200 million YouTube views occur on mobile devices per day.
And here’s how all this comes together in an infographic.
Sell Your Old Cell Phone for Cash
Select your device below to begin:
Buy a New Cell Phone
Best Sellers from AT&T
New Releases from AT&T
See all cell phones from AT&T
Best Sellers from Sprint
New Releases from Sprint
See all cell phones from Sprint
Best Sellers from Verizon
New Releases from Verizon
See all cell phones from Verizon