Motorola has started rolling out the Android 4.0.4 Ice Cream Sandwich for the Atrix 2. Firmware version 67.21.125 packs a ton of goodies, including UI changes, new and improved features. More precisely, here’s what you get:
- Updated colors, font, icons, and animations. Added adjustable text size.
- Enhanced lockscreen with quick access to dialer, messaging, camera and homescreen.
- Homescreen folders that let you group apps and shortcuts.
- Updated All Apps screen to include access to both Apps and Widgets.
- Enhanced notifications window with access to settings menu and new swipe to dismiss functionality for individual notifications.
- Reorganized and easier to navigate Settings menu that includes toggles for airplane mode, Wi-Fi and Bluetooth.
- Redesigned keyboard for faster input with improved error correction and word suggestion.
- Enhanced Email app with address auto-completion, quick response emails, and searching across folders and subfolders.
- Improved camera with time-lapse video, snapshots during video recording, ability to use volume keys as shutter button, zoom control and flash-assisted low light focus.
- Upgraded voice input engine to allow for continuous dictation, pausing and inclusion of punctuation.
- Updated webtop interface to an Android 4.0 tablet-like experience with key apps optimized for the resolution and screen size of external monitors.
- Added latest versions of AT&T and Google apps.
- Added SMARTACTIONS app that automates everyday tasks and suggests ways to personalize your phone.
- Face Unlock
- People App – which replaces the contacts app.
- Added capability to take screenshots by holding both the power and volume down keys for a few seconds.
If you still don’t see the new update, you can manually check from Settings -> About phone -> System updates. Make sure your Atrix 2 has enough juice the finish the process, though.