Well folks, the day has come and ASUS officially unveiled the Padfone 2 in Taiwan — event in Milan is later today. Here’s the specs rundown:
- 4.7-inch 720p Super IPS+ screen
- Qualcomm’s quad-core Snapdragon S4 Pro
- 13-megapixel camera with f/2.4 BSI sensor from Sony, 1.2-megapixel front camera
- Slimmer PadFone Station slate that weighs just 514 grams or 649 grams with the phone.
- Tablet part has a 10.1-inch 1,280×800 IPS display, and 5,000mAh battery
- No microSD card slot – you’ll have to choose between 16, 32 and 64 GB models. You do get 50GB of ASUS WebStorage for two years.
- Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich runs the show out of box, Jelly Bean update is coming soon.
- Color options: black and white
- LTE, HSPA+, NFC
At its Taipei event, ASUS failed to share global availability information. They did say that the black Padfone 2 will start selling in Taiwan as early as next week, while the white version will be released at a later date. Prices of the unlocked devices go from $620 (16GB model) to $750 (64GB one), while the slate adds another $210 to the price… We’ll let you know as soon as we get something new on this…
And in case you wonder, I’m lovin’ it.