If you’re a fan of ShadowGun, then there’s a good chance you’ll like the sequel, ShadowGun : DeadZone. The multiplayer game has officially left the beta stage and is now available in the Google Play Store and App Store for free.
We doubt that this will change anytime soon, but if you’re running Android 3.0+ on your tablet or phone and have more than 512MB of RAM running the show, you shouldn’t have trouble downloading and installing the game. Lower powered devices will have to sit this one out, as ShadowGun offers up a lot of graphically rich environments and gameplay. This makes sense, as the beta DeadZone was limited to Tegra 3 devices, which allowed MadFinger to refine and tweak the game for other devices from there for the Android version.
Also available for iOS, ShadowGun : DeadZone has also been optimized for the iPad’s Retina Display, and will run on the 5th-generation iPod Touch, iPad 2, and iPhone 4.
From MadFinger Games:
- Experience intense tactical multiplayer combat with up to 12 players connected online
- Choose from two popular game modes – Deathmatch and Zone Control, various maps and from 10 playable characters
- As a character’s ranking increases, new elements will be unlocked and available during gameplay
- New control elements such as sprint and roll have been implemented into gameplay
- A wide ranging arsenal offers Assault Rifles, Machine guns, Plasma Rifles, Shotguns, Sniper Rifles and Rocket Launchers – all of which are upgradable
- Various items including Medi Kit, Ammo Kit, Flash Grenades, EMP Grenades, Frag Grenades, Sentry Guns and Mines
- Talk to your friends in real time! Enjoy entirely new service – multiplayer voice chat – exclusively developed and provided by Ericsson.
- Optimized for iPad Retina Display