Research In Motion has some great news for you loyal BlackBerry users out there. The Waterloo company has finally released BlackBerry Messenger 7 with BlackBerry Messenger Voice available in the App World. BBM Voice is coming to users straight out of beta, and it allows users to have free Wi-Fi calling between BBM users by turning text-based chats to voice conversations. BBM 7.0 also brings some extra added goodies as well. Some new features in BB7 include synchronization of your BBM profile, groups, and contacts utilizing your BlackBerry ID.
Here’s a detailed list of features in the new BlackBerry Messenger 7 down below:
- Multi-tasking with Split-screen feature – Customers can do more while they talk, such as check other BBM text chats, check email, or navigate to other apps while engaged on a BBM Voice call. They can start a call in an instant, and switch between texting and talking, or text and talk at the same time. They can also for example, send a picture to a contact while they are talking with them.
- Clear Visual Indicator – Customers can see when contacts are available for a voice call.
- Convenient Compatibility with Accessories – Customers can use their favorite accessories, such as a Bluetooth or wired headset, or use the BlackBerry smartphone’s speakerphone.
- 16 New Emoticons – Available in the final software released today, customers will see a slate of new emoticons offer them fresh, fun ways to express themselves in text chats.
- Direct BBM Update Notification – BBM will now notify a customer when there is an update from within the app, and allow them to download it immediately from inside the app.
- Simple BlackBerry ID Synchronization – A customer’s BBM profile, Groups and Contacts are now linked to their BBID for easy backup and restore. The data will also carry over when they move to BlackBerry 10.
BBM Voice is clearly the headline feature here. And it should be a welcomed feature to those who’ve stuck with the company through thick and thin.