BuyVia, an app and website that provide smart shopping experience across devices, released results from its Holiday Mobile Shopping survey, revealing that 40% of consumers will be “showrooming” this holiday shopping season. In other words, they’ll be examining products in retail stores with apps, before making a decision to buy in store or online depending on where they get the best value. In addition, here’s what else they’ve found:
- 79% of consumers reported that they frequently shop in the same store both online and in person.
- 28% of respondents said they will be doing 25-50% of shopping online and one quarter of respondents said they will be doing 50-75% of shopping online.
- 48% of shoppers who planned to do their holiday shopping online will purchase via their laptop.
- The main reasons consumers prefer to shop online are to save time, avoid stores and crowds and because there are better prices online versus in store.
- 44% of consumers spent, on average, 30 minutes to an hour researching each product before they make a purchase. 41% of shoppers reported researching products prior to making a purchase on their laptop over any other device.
- Finally, 81% of shoppers prefer to research products through mobile browsers versus smartphones and tablets apps.
You can check BuyVia from their website from here or download their mobile app for iPhone from the link below.
BuyVia (FREE) [iTunes link]