Samsung unveiled version 2.0 of its communication service ChatOn. Aside from the new UI, this release also brings a number of new features to the table. Here’s are the highlights:
- Samsung ChatOn is available in over 200 countries in more than 60 languages, providing users with instant messaging and group chatting in multiple formats (images, video, voice, contacts).
- Multi-screen capability so you can chat with up to five friends at once.
- Ability to invite friends to ChatOn conversations from different platforms, including Facebook, Twitter and Weibo.
- Easy content sharing for both one-to-one and group conversations, with the ability to leave comments or other content in the so called “Trunk.”
- ChatOn Special Buddy, which provides offers, updates and news feeds from third-party vendors in real-time.
- Personal profiles support – users can comment on profiles.
- Customization and personalization options, including the ability to create your own animated messages by adding pictures or recorded audio clips, or choose from animated emoticons.
ChatOn is preloaded on all Samsung mobile devices and available for download at Samsung Apps. It will run on multiple platforms, including Android, iOS, Blackberry and Bada, while desktop/computer users can access ChatOn on the web.