Verizon and Samsung today announced the long-awaited ATIV Odyssey. The ATIV is the Korean manufacturers first major Windows Phone 8 device to hit the market. It will hit Big Red’s stores “in the coming weeks.” We knew the announcement of this phone was on its way soon when we seen the device land over at the FCC. Anyway, this is supposed to be just an entry-level phone with some respectable features and specs.
Features on the ATIV Odyssey include:
- Super AMOLED Display (WVGA 800×480)
- 5-megapixel rear-facing camera with LED flash and full 1080p recording and 1080p playback
- Front-facing 1.2-megapixel camera for video chat
- Global Ready calling and email capabilities in more than 220 countries in the world
- Wi-Fi connectivity (802.11 a/b/g/n)
- 8 GB on board storage (actual formatted capacity is less)/ 1 GB RAM
- Support for up to 64 GB microSD card
- 2100 mAh battery
- Photo Editor – Edit photos (crop, rotate, resize, etc.) and adjust colors (contrast, RGB and hue) instantly; users can also add effects such as Pop Art, gray-scale, fixed red-eye and add decorations that include frames, stickers, etc. and share on Facebook, Picasa and Photobucket.
- Mini Diary – Contains daily activities, photos and drawings; users can share their diary via social channels including Facebook, email, Picasa and Photobucket; users can back up and store information in the free cloud service SkyDrive.
- Now – Provides weather, news, stock and currency updates instantly
- It’s a “global phone”
The device will also carry typical Windows Phone 8 features such as Live Apps, Top Apps, and Kid’s Corner.
Source: Samsung press release