While we’re still waiting for the Galaxy Note 8 to hit, a photo and a decent list of specifications may have just leaked for Samsung’s third-generation Galaxy Tab.
This time around, the upcoming tablet is said to follow along the “S” line, making it the Samsung Galaxy S Tab. The Galaxy S brand is bigger than ever, so throwing the “S” into the mix makes sense.
A list of specifications accompanied the photo you see above, and you can expect this to be quite a powerful 10 inch tablet when it debuts.
– Samsung Exynos 5410 Octa CPU
– 4 x (1.6GHz ARM-Cortex A15) 4 x (1.2GHz ARM-Cortex A7)
– Imagination Power SGX 544MP3 GPU
– 2GB of LPDDR3 RAM with 32GB and 64GB Models
– MicroSD card storage expansion (up to 64B)
– 9000 mAh standard li-ion battery
– 10.055? 2560×1600 display – 300PPI
– 8 Megapixel camera with AF
– 2 megapixel front facing camera with AF
– IR Blaster
The 10 inch display is said to either be a PLS LCD panel or Super AMOLED “Pentile” panel. While we’ve seen some downright ugly Pentile displays in our time, they certainly aren’t as bad as they used to be, so we’re fairly sure that it’ll be just fine if Samsung opts for this type of panel.
Sammy’s upcoming tablet certainly has what it takes to dominate the Android tablet space, but devices like the Sony Xperia Tablet Z are also sexy and powerful.
If you’re looking for a new 10 inch tablet this year, you certainly won’t be in short supply of great options.