Verizon Wireless may be an American wireless carrier, but its controlling companies are split between the US and the UK. US communications company Verizon owns 55 percent of Verizon Wireless, while the remaining 45 percent is held by Vodafone. According to a report in Reuters, Verizon may offer Vodafone $100B in cash and stock options to take full control over the wireless company.
Verizon is allegedly in the early stages of any deal and has not made a formal offer. The company supposedly has hired bankers and legal advisers to help them craft a takeover bid. Verizon, in the past, has expressed an interest in buying out Verizon Wireless, but sources tell Reuters the communications company is ready to make an aggressive push to acquire the wireless carrier.
Sell Your Old Cell Phone for Cash
Select your device below to begin:
Buy a New Cell Phone
Best Sellers from AT&T
New Releases from AT&T
See all cell phones from AT&T
Best Sellers from Sprint
New Releases from Sprint
See all cell phones from Sprint
Best Sellers from Verizon
New Releases from Verizon
See all cell phones from Verizon