PTel Mobile launched GIV Mobile, calling it the “first consumer conscious no-contract mobile service” that will be donating 8% of monthly “Unlimited Everything” plans to a non-profit charity of the customer’s choice.
GIV Mobile is a virtual operator (MVNO) relying on T-Mobile’s 4G network to provide users with two easy-to-grasp plans:
- $40/month Unlimited Everything – which includes talk, text, MMS, International text and web (first 250MB up to 4G/3G speeds) on all 4G enabled phones and smartphones.
- $50/month Unlimited Everything – that extends fast 4G/3G mobile data allowance to 2GB.
After choosing the plan, customers can select up to three charities from eight different categories that will receive a monthly donation. Charities include:
- Animal Welfare: American Veterinary Medical Foundation, National Fish and Wildlife Foundation, PetSmart Charities, WCS Wildlife Conservation Society
- Arts, Culture & Humanity: The Academy of Natural Sciences, Archaeological Conservancy, Fractured Atlas, Little Kids Rock, StoryCorps
- Education: Children’s Scholarship Fund, Donors Choose, Kids in Need Foundation, Scholarship America
- Environment: American Rivers, The Conservation Fund, The Nature Conservancy, The Wilderness Society
- Health: Alzheimer’s Association, American Cancer Society, Commonweal, Patient Services Incorporated, St Jude Children’s Research Hospital
- International: Camfed USA, Doctors Without Borders, Direct Relief International, United States Fund for UNICEF
- Human Services: American Red Cross, The Children’s Aid Society, Dress for Success, Feeding America, National Alliance to End Homelessness, Ronald McDonald House Charities
- Public Benefit: American Endowment Foundation, Carnegie Institution for Science, Mercy Housing, Taproot Foundation, United Way Worldwide
In addition, on a bi-annual basis, GIV Mobile will have a period of open submissions during which members can nominate new organizations for inclusion…