Facebook for Android has been updated today, bringing with it a few bugfixes and some improvements to its Home software. Facebook for Android users can now share news feed stories in private messages, and Facebook Home users can now organize their apps with folders.
Here’s what to expect from the new version:
- Share News Feed stories in a private message
- Swipe left and right to open chat and bookmarks
- Sign up to test beta versions of Facebook for Android: http://bit.ly/androidbetatesters
- Based on feedback, you can now store the app on your phone’s SD card (Android 2.3.7 and lower)
- Fix for a bug with data transfer on app start
- New if you’re using Facebook Home:
- Organize your apps with folders—just drag one app onto another to create a folder
The update makes good on Facebook’s promises to keep updating its Home software on a monthly basis, after the software suite received many complaints after only a few months of its launch.
If you are an adventurous Android user and would like to check out the newest versions of the Facebook app before anyone else, sign up for Facebook’s beta testing program here.
Sell Your Old Cell Phone for Cash
Select your device below to begin:
Buy a New Cell Phone
Best Sellers from AT&T
New Releases from AT&T
See all cell phones from AT&T
Best Sellers from Sprint
New Releases from Sprint
See all cell phones from Sprint
Best Sellers from Verizon
New Releases from Verizon
See all cell phones from Verizon