Yahoo has been hard at work with updating its fleet of apps, with the latest being Flickr for the iPhone, iPad and iPod touch. The upgrade brings new customization features most will enjoy, including filters and a cluster of new editing tools.
Here’s the full description for what Version 2.20.1134 brings:
- The Flickr Mobile App has a brand new set of filters! With a new range of dynamic and stunning effects you’ll be able to personalize your photos like never before.
- Live filters! Now you can scroll through and preview the effects of each filter before you snap your shot. Choosing the right one is no longer a guessing game.
- Tired of stock filters? With the Flickr Mobile App you can customize your filters to get the exact effects you’re looking for.
- We’ve also got new camera tools. Perfectly compose your shots with awesome grids, pinch to zoom, and the ability to lock your focus and exposure points.
- Professional editing tools. The editing tools you usually pay for are now free with Flickr. Enhance, crop, sharpen, adjust color, use levels, add vignettes and more.
- Now our camera and editing tools have beautifully animated transitions, giving users the best camera experience yet.
Judging from all the new additions Yahoo brought to Flickr, it couldn’t be any clearer that the photo sharing service is being built to compete against Instagram. Both, of course, have slight differences in look and usability, but core functions are very similar now.
The updated version of Flickr can be downloaded from App Store here.