The time is now upon us — iOS 7 is finally available to download and install on your iOS device. Here are some tips to get your update installed with ease. Before you get started you should know that you can either download over-the-air directly to your iPhone or connect your phone and update using iTunes. Both ways work, so it really comes down to what is convenient for you. Be sure to backup your device in case something goes wrong. Connect your device to iTunes or use iCloud and backup your files according to Apple’s instructions.
Updating your device over the air
1. Plug in your device so the battery is adequately charged. You don’t want your battery to run out and your phone to shut down right in the middle of the update.
2. You should also connect your iPhone to your local WiFi network. The update is a little over 1GB in size and you don’t want to download that over your cellular connection.
3. Open the Settings app and tap on General > Software Update. iOS will check for the update and let you know if one is available. If you don’t see it right away, be patient as millions of other people are trying to update just lie you.
4. When the update is ready, tap “Download” to download the update.
5. Wait for the download to complete and then tap “Install” to apply the update.
Updating to iOS 7 via iTunes
2. Connect your iOS device to your computer using an USB cable and wait for iTunes to connect to your device.
3. Click on your device in iTunes (upper right corner) and then click the “Check for Update” button in the Summary pane.
4. iTunes will then download and install the update. Do not disconnect your device until the update has finished.