The Opera Mobile Store, which is apparently the fifth-largest mobile app store in the world, has tripled the size of its catalog in the last 12 months, currently offering more than 140,000 apps. The Store provides more than 75 million monthly visitors, an increase of 63%, with mobile apps and games across many platforms, including Android, Java, BlackBerry, Symbian and iOS.
Users from India remain the top users in the Store, while Indonesia has moved to no. 3, continuing to reflect the Opera Mobile Store’s strength and popularity in Southeast Asia. When it comes to the United States, it jumped five positions to take second place in terms of Opera Mobile Store visitors since last year.
Across all countries, total downloads of Android apps from the Opera Mobile Store grew 18.5% to 38.4% of total app downloads in a year, Java apps downloads have decreased from 67.8% to 43.9%, Symbian has gone from 10.3% to 9.9% and Windows Mobile has shifted from 1.9% to 0.4%. Gaming apps based on the recently-introduced HTML5 online-gaming platform has had 2.6% of downloads on the Opera Mobile Store.
The top 10 downloaded apps to date in the Opera Mobile Store include:
- Facebook app by Facebook (Java)
- TubeMate YouTube Downloader by Devian Studio (Android)
- Download Manager for Android by FDDM
- Chat for Facebook PRO by Mail-Bit LTD (multi-platform)
- NewsHunt by Eterno Infotech (Java)
- Frim by Ardetiel Services Limited (multi-platform)
- Angry Birds Rio by Rovio Entertainment Ltd (Android)
- eBuddy Messenger by eBuddy (multi-platform)
- WeChat by Tencent Technology (Shenzhen) Company Limited (multi-platform)
- Overdrive by Zapak.com (multi-platform)
Users can access the Opera Mobile Store via Opera’s flagship Opera Mini, Mobile Classic and Opera for Android mobile browsers. In addition, there’s an option to access the Store by visiting apps.opera.com from any browser.