Black Friday is just around the corner, and deals on electronics abound this year. You may be at a loss when trying to decide what to buy this year, with a plethora of Android tablets to choose from. All have different form factors, components and specifications, and more importantly, different prices. While many high-end Android tablets are available, there are plenty of cheaper options as well. We’ve rounded up the top 5 Android tablets under $100 available on Black Friday to help you navigate the hordes of shoppers.
While $100 isn’t going to buy you a nice new Samsung or Apple device, you can still score a decent tablet for under $100. Last year marked the jump from tablets with dual-core processors to quad-core processors which are included in more expensive devices. Considered low or mid tier entries, dual-core tablets function quite well, and can provide an adequate Android experience. These simple tablets are great for seniors, kids and those not concerned about having the newest and greatest tech. To put it simply, these tablets will function well, and provide the most bang for the buck.
Below are the top 3 Android tablets under $100 we could find from scouring most of the major U.S. retailers. Happy hunting!
1. Kindle Fire HD 7 16GB (Previous Generation)
Find At: Best Buy
Sale Lasts: November 28th-30th
At just $99, the Kindle Fire HD 7 is the best deal around this Black Friday. The device being offered is last year’s model, but it still holds up against more recent tablets. Although the device runs Android at the core, Amazon has made some tweaks to the OS, overlaying their software over it. This means that some apps and features won’t work with Amazon’s tablet. Don’t worry though, Amazon offers many apps through their app store. Also worth noting is that the Kindle Fire HD allows instant access to any content you have purchased through Amazon, such as e-books, music and movies. Tech specs follow below.
- 7-inch HD display with 1280 x 800 resolution
- Dual-core TI OMAP 4470 processor
- 16 GB of storage
- HD front facing camera
- Dolby Digital Plus sound
- 2.4 and 5GHz WiFi support with dual antennas for improved signals
- X-Ray for Movies, Books, Textbooks
- Whispersync for Games, Voice, Immersion Reading
- Custom Skype and Facebook applications
2. Nook 7″ HD 8GB From Barnes and Noble
Find At: Target
Sale Lasts: November 28th, 8PM – November 30th
By no means a full-fledged Android tablet, the Barnes and Noble Nook HD 7 inch tablet is a steal for $79.99. An e-reader at heart, Barnes and Noble’s Nook tablet packs some pretty impressive specs for the price. The tablet provides quick access to any content purchased through Barnes and Noble, such as books and magazines. Chrome has now been integrated as the default browser, and the tablet provides access to Android apps such as Google Maps, Gmail, YouTube and Facebook. This is Barnes and Noble’s best Nook to date, and is a great option for newcomers to the Android ecosystem. Specs follow below.
- 7 inch LCD HD Screen with 1920 x 1280 resolution
- 1GB of RAM
- 8GB of Storage
- TI OMAP 4470 Processor running at 1.3GHz
- microSD slot foe memory expansion
3. Acer Iconia A1 Tablet
Find At: Staples
Sale Dates: November 28th 8PM -12PM
The sleek Acer Iconia A1 comes in with a 7.9 inch IPS display with a 1024 x 768 resolution, Android Jelly Bean and a 5MP rear-facing camera. The tablet was introduced just last June, and packs a quad-core 1.2GHz processor. At $99, this Android Jelly Bean running tablet runs apps like a breeze, and includes a microSD card for memory expansion of up to 32GB.
- 7.9″ XGA Multi-Touch IPS Display, 4:3 aspect ratio
- MicroSD Memory Slot up to 32GB
- Android Jelly Bean Operating System
- Resolution: 1024 x 768
- MediaTek MT8125 Quad Cortex A7 1.2GHz Processor
- 802.11b/g/n Wireless
- Bluetooth 4.0
- 5MP rear-facing HD camera (2592 x 1944, 1080P), 0.3MP front-facing camera (640 x 480)
- WildTangent® Demo Games, Amazon Kindle, Hulu Plus, YouTube, Google Talk, Acer Cloud
- Integrated microphone and speaker
- 1 x 2.0 USB
- Rechargeable Lithium-ion Prismatic Battery: Up to 9.5 hours of battery life
- Dimensions: 8.22″ (W) x 5.74″ (D) x 0.44″ (H) (.9 lbs.)
- 1 Year warranty