As promised, Facebook has released the Paper app for iOS today, bringing a whole new way to consume media while keeping up with your friends and loved ones. Paper succeeds in blending many features of its Home software with a great looking news aggregator. The content isn’t just plopped in front of your face by a set of algorithms, however. Facebook actually has humans behind the scenes, picking out content to display in the app.
Paper commands your device’s screen real estate and provides slick content delivery, throwing in articles and news and not just your status updates and friend’s baby pictures. The app will deliver news to users based on topics and categories that a user is interested in. Facebook’s design is pretty nice looking, with aesthetic touches that resemble Flipboard, making content consumption quick, easy and free of clutter.
Here’s what Facebook has to say about Paper:
Explore and share stories from friends—and the world—in immersive designs and fullscreen, distraction-free layouts. Paper includes your Facebook News Feed and sections about your favorite topics.
· Browse stories from your Facebook News Feed in beautiful new layouts.
· Customize your Paper with sections about your favorite themes and interests.
· Unfold beautifully designed article covers for news and stories from trusted sources.
· Tilt the screen to explore vivid high-resolution photos and see details up close.
· Watch fullscreen videos that come to life and fill the screen.
· Use simple, natural movements to thumb through Paper uninterrupted.
· Craft your own stories and see exactly what your posts will look like before you share them.
Head over to the iTunes Store and download Paper now!