More sweets? AT&T sure thinks so. The mobile carrier has begun rolling out the long-awaited Android 4.4 KitKat update to Samsung Galaxy Note 3 devices today. Included in the update are all of the awesome features we’ve come to expect from KitKat, like Hangouts SMS integration, a transparent notification bar, could printing setup and of course, more emojis. AT&T didn’t add much of its own to the update, just a bugfix which improves GPS performance.
Here are some key features of the update, as detailed by AT&T:
- Improved user interface: The latest version of Android includes enhancements such as re-styled status and navigation bars, a new full-screen-immersive mode, color emoji support, improved closed captioning support, stronger security and smarter power use.
- Default messaging app: Choose a default messaging app when multiple messaging services are installed.
- Improved GPS performance
- Enhanced music access: Full screen album art and media controls are available from the lock screen when listening to music.
- Camera access: The camera can also be accessed directly from the lock screen.
- Location menu: An integrated location menu enables users to easily activate GPS and share location details.
- Wireless printing: Integrated support for wireless printing available in enhanced settings.
- New sound controls: Set sound for specific Samsung applications in enhanced settings.
AT&T didn’t mention just how big the update is, but expect it to be at least 400MB or so. As always, make sure your device is connected to WiFi before you download the update, unless you feel like burning through your data allotment. Jus’ sayin’.