If you’ve managed to get your hands on a OnePlus One, good on ya. You’ll be receiving the long-awaited Android 4.4.4 update soon, if you haven’t already. Sure, you may have an Android 4.4.4 based custom ROM on your device already, but this one here is the real deal. CM 11S 30O is the build, and it’s trickling out at a leisurely pace. Are you ready?
Aside from all of the bells and whistles Android 4.4.4 brings, there are a few extra goodies thrown in as well, such as the ability to make capacitive buttons brighter and bugfixes related to battery percentage, microphone volume, vibrations and more. You’ll have a new camera mode also, dubbed Clear Image. Clear Image is being touted as “camera clarity on steroids.” Here’s the official word about Clear Image:
10 individual photos are stitched together for a final super high-res photo when you snap a shot. Through interlacing and compression algorithms, the camera improves clarity, reduces noise in low light, and adds detail that other cameras cannot. But this is not all. Unlike other photo stitching software, Clear Image minimizes file sizes while maximizing for quality.
Sounds pretty cool, but we’ll have to see it in action before we can judge. Anyway, here’s a detailed look at what’s included in the CM 11S 30O update:
- Upgraded to Android 4.4.4
- Updated to new versions of Google apps
- Added Clear Image
- Added new (colder) calibration for the screen
- Proximity sensor prevents activation of off-screen gestures while in your pocket
- Capacitive touch keys supported in the recovery mode
- Increased capacitive button illumination
- Improved overall stability
- Fixed issues with vibration being disabled during Quiet Hours
- Fixed lockscreen not updating the track information during music playback
- Fixed microphone volume for all formats in the Voice Recorder app
- Fixed “OK, Google” not triggering voice search in Google Now
- Fixed Viber calls not working
- Fixed battery percent not updating in custom lock screens
- Fixed PicasaSync
- Fixed Camera “O” gesture activating lockscreen instead of triggering camera
- Fixed wallpapers not applying in full screen, taking the wrong size when cropping, etc
Be on the lookout for the update, and let us know how you like it!