Sony Ericsson today revealed its new Wi-Fi enabled UMTS smartphone, the P990. The P990 is designed to be first and foremost a great mobile phone but offers all the benefits of UMTS including video calling, high-bandwidth multi-media downloads and the ability to browse the Internet with full HTML pages. These are viewed in landscape on the new Opera 8 browser. Sony Ericsson also revealed a host of applications and entertainment content features such as details on supported push email partners, Anti-virus/Firewall and VPN clients for secure corporate business, Business card scanner and new entertainment content and features.
- Size: 114 x 57 x 25 mm (4.4 x 2.2 x 1 inches)
- Weight: 150 g (5.3 oz)
- Networks: GSM 900, GSM 1800, GSM 1900, UMTS
- OS: Symbian 9.1 and UIQ 3.0
- Memory: 80MB internal, Memory Stick Duo (Pro) expansion
- Display: 262,144-color TFT, 240×320 pixel
- Camera: 2 Mega pixel camera with Auto-Focus, Light
- Connectivity: Bluetooth 2.0, IrDa, WLAN 802.11b, UMTS modem, USB
- Key features: Business card scanner, RSS reader, Video call, music player and FM RDS radio, 30fps video recording.
The P990 will be commercially available in Q2 2006. For more information about this extraordinary phone visit P990’s page on Sony Ericsson’s site.