We never doubted in RIM. They know their customers best, hence they’ve decided to provide them with an additional tool and as a result enhance their addiction to nowadays everyone’s favorite Facebook. Yes, they’ve launched a dedicated application to make CrackBerry users do their “Facebook thing” wherever they are. This way it will look like an actual work…
Anyway, the new application allows users to:
- Receive notifications and messages automatically – we always knew push-based architecture is designed for fun. Now you can set your BlackBerry to vibrate when someone pokes you.
- Quickly access essential features – change status, upload photo, add a friend, write on a wall, send a message, and poke around — all while pretending to read emails from an important client.
- Invite friends to join Facebook and accept new friend requests – don’t be a prick, it’s all about sharing in this Web 2.0 world we’re living.
- Quickly snap and post pictures along with a caption and tags – hmm, I can easily imagine new Facebook application called “Rate my coworker.” Now that I’m thinking this should come preinstalled with EVERY SINLE device out there.
- View the Status of friends – poke them and chat. Let others do the job for you. You’ll look too busy anyway.
- Read, compose and reply to messages even while offline – you SHOULD do SOMETHING while commuting.
By now, I’m sure you’ve realized just how cool this could be… If you want to know more, check out the official and way-too-dull press release on RIM’s site. 🙂