Someone anonymous left a comment on All About Symbian’s forum with the N95 firmware changelog. Quite long, enjoy the raw details after the jump. It is a shame we have to write “changelog leaked,” this should be released with every firmware.
Changes/improvements made from MCU SW v12.0.013 to v 20.0.015:
– Maps application version updated (Nokia Maps 1.0)
– GetNGI (Games)
– Music shop
– OTA WMDRM (Windows Media Digital Rights Management)
– Active standby search
– Video ringing tone
– ODP (On Demand Paging)
– DVFS (Dynamic Voltage and Frequency Scaling)
– Switch application version updated
CHANGES AND IMPROVEMENTS
– General stability improved.
– Several localization errors corrected.
– Various application help files updated.
– Default language not always read from SIM correctly.
– Volume side keys don’t work in all situations.
– WLAN wizard can’t always connect to secure WLAN network.
– Cannot edit or delete access points if lot of WLAN access points created.
– Midlet icon may be shown twice after installation in some cases.
– Midlet suite upgrade doesn’t work correctly if amount of midlets in suite has changed.
– Streaming aspect ratio is not correct if QTSS server doesn’t provide Framesize tag in SDP.
– Key presses are sometimes missed.
– Connection dropped easily in crowded WLAN environment.
– Cannot pre-configure push email application in variant.
– OTA configuration containing an unknown parameter is ignored by device.
– Call divert icon disappear after power cycle.
– UPnP interoperability improved.
– Dropdown list not opened if size is defined.
– Large images in web page are not rendered correctly after scrolling.
– Flashlite memory management improved.
– Cannot access to SIM phonebook if device language is set to Chinese.
– Cannot add Chinese characters to input/search box in browser.
– Real One Player may show invalid default name for some downloaded videos.
– RSS-links does not work anymore if article was downloaded from web feeds.
– Improved handling of large web pages.
– Streaming doesn’t always continue after long pause.
– Some m4a files cause music library to crash.
– Album art not shown for WMA files if picture size is over 64 KB.
– Image editor closes on attempting to edit and send an image a second time.
– Cannot upload images to online share if lots of images stored in device.
– Image viewer crash when opening malformed JPEG file.
– Thumbnail creation speed of big video files improved.
– Cannot have non-ascii characters in mailbox name.
– Reduced character coding -option in text message settings doesn’t work as expected.
– MMS presentation not saved to draft folder is exiting application with end key.
– IM client allows empty alias.
– Device may reset if moving out of WLAN coverage during VOIP call.
– Cannot register to VOIP if found WLAN connection is too weak.
– VOIP doesn’t re-register if going momentarily our of WLAN coverage.
– Automatic connection to SIP server fails often if started device in offline mode.
– VoIP call can’t be established when multiple profiles with same realm.
– Video recording with front camera may freeze the device.
– Device may restart if receiving voice call during ongoing video call.
– Unable to create call after successful balance query.
– Maximum limit for streaming bandwidth for UMTS and WLAN increased from 999kb.
– Call divert indicator disappear in device is restarted.
– Improvement to Location API performance if lots of landmarks in device.
– Tracking feature removed from Nokia Maps application
– Some people have reported issues with the Search application upon removing their memory card
– Some people have reported issues with not being able to connect to their PC via USB cable after update
– Call log bug STILL alive (where the call log represents every call as a mobile call)
– Some people are complaining that picture quality has been degraded