Samsung’s ultra-powerful Symbian S60 based i8510 smartphone has been officially announced as the Samsung INNOV8. The 8 megapixel camera equipped device is ready to go head-to-head with Sony Ericsson C905 and most probably leave it far behind thanks to the open OS it runs.
Let’s recap the specs:
- Network: HSDPA 7.2 Mbps (900/2100), EDGE/GPRS (850/900/1800/1900)
- OS: Symbian OS v9.3, S60 v3.2
- Display: 2.8-inch QVGA 16M TFT LCD
- Camera: 8 megapixel CMOS with AF and dual-power LED. Smart Reader, Image Stabilizer, Auto-Panorama Shot, Smile Shot, Blink Shot, Wide Dynamic Range (WDR), Face Detection, QVGA video recording at 120 fps / VGA at 30 fps
- Memory: 16GB Flash + microSDHC memory slot
- Connectivity: Bluetooth 2.0, USB 2.0, Wi-Fi
- Other features: A-GPS, optical Mouse, accelerometer, FM radio with RDS, 3.5pi output
- Battery: 1200 mAh
- Size: 106.5×53.9×17.2 mm
In a nutshell, the INNOV8 is the best camera smartphone announced to date. Symbian OS gives it more power than C905 could possibly have. Or at least that’s my take. What do you think?
[Image from SymbianFreak]