LG and Dolby Laboratories announced that LG would be the first handset maker to incorporate Dolby Mobile technology into its handsets.
Announced during this year’s Mobile World Congress, Dolby Mobile is an optimized-for-mobile audio processing technology platform designed to “deliver rich, vibrant audio and dramatically improve listening enjoyment.”
Some of the Dolby Mobile features that LG plans to incorporate into its phones include:
- Mobile Surround, which delivers a realistic surround sound experience using headphones
- Sound Space Expander – creates a wide, rich and spacious soundstage experience especially suited to music playback
- Natural Bass – adds powerful boost and bass extension
- High Frequency Enhancer – enhances music and other content by restoring high-frequency effects
- Graphic EQ – helps tune the audio experience for different content types
- Sound Level Control – helps level out audio for a more consistent playback volume
- Mono-to-Stereo Converter, which improves the playback experience of user-generated content
LG will be launching high-end multimedia phones that incorporate Dolby Mobile technology starting from Q4 2008.