Roughly a month ago we talked about Winterface, the Windows Mobile user interface application which makes the smartphones running Microsoft’s mobile OS look cooler than ever. VITO Technology has recently released the updated version to bring several improvements, including:
- Change in gestures – now the application is started with the help of the upside down tick ^, while drawing the gesture “tick” or letter “v” can close any application you are working in.
- Tasks and calendar are improved and now Winterface have red indicators with numbers above Calendar and Tasks icons to show active tasks and upcoming events. Once you tap the Calender icon, you’ll see a semi-transparent window with all the events. Similarly, pressing the Tasks icon puts you straight to the Tasks window.
- “Files” is added to the menu, allowing you to add any file to the screen.
- Switch off the lock screen function.
- It is now impossible to delete “Menu” and “Running” icons of the program.
Finally, some of the bugs were fixed like — icons are not doubled any more (Phone), and the bug on HTC devices with battery icon was also fixed.
The price remains the same, and for $19.95 Winterface will really make your Windows Mobile device look and feel much better. More information is available from here.