INQ¹, the world’s most advanced social networking mobile phone, is unveiled today and brings Facebook to the core of its user experience. The phone will be available exclusively from 3.
The Headlines for the device are:
- INQ, a new mobile handset manufacturer backed by Hutchison Whampoa, unveils first device based on a radical new user experience
- New mobile integrates Facebook into the heart of the handset along with Skype, Windows Live Messenger and Last.fm
- UK’s biggest 3G network and mass market pricing brings next generation of mobile internet communications devices to users from just £15 per month
INQ brings the Facebook experience to the INQ¹ with one-click access and live updates pushed direct to the front screen of the device. Skype, Windows Live Messenger, Last.fm are integrated into the heart of the phone and a host of other social utilities can be customized by the user. This makes the device the first ever real-time interactive, ‘live contact book’ with friends’ online status and Facebook profile pictures displayed against their contact details. In addition, the phone offers integrated RSS feeds, free Skype-to-Skype calling and unlimited free instant messenger capabilities. INQ¹ also allows you to directly upload pictures to your Facebook profile from its 3.2 megapixel camera. For these reasons, INQ refers to the INQ¹ as the first Social Mobile.
INQ¹ will be available free on a contract tariff from £15 per month offering unlimited free Facebook, Skype, Windows Live Messenger and web access, plus 75 minutes of calls to other networks, unlimited texts, unlimited email and unlimited free 3-to-3 calls*. £20 will get you all of the above but with 200 minutes of calls to other networks. INQ¹ will also be available on PAYG at £79.99 with internet packages available from £5 per month.
- Weight: 110g
- Size: 97 x 47.6 x 14.4 mm
- Display: 2.2” QVGA 262k colour TFT
- Battery: 1150mAh
- Networks: GSM 900/1800/1900, EDGE/UMTS 2100
- Memory on board: 50 Mb
- External memory: to 4Gb
- Browser: Netfront 3.4 + Flash + Accelerometer
- HSDPA: 3.6
- Colour: Black & Silver
- Chipset: Qualcomm 6260
- Facebook, Windows Live Messenger + Skype in address book, inbox, idle screen
- Facebook photos in caller ID
- Email (Outlook, web email)
- MP3 player (inc. Last FM)
- Search, Weather + Clock widgets
- RSS support
- Plug ‘n’ Play USB Modem
- 3.2 Megapixel Auto Focus Camera
UK readers – visit Three.co.uk for more info!