That’s right folks, time to crank up the rumor mill yet again! New details have emerged via BGR about a BlackBerry 9300 ‘Gemini’. As soon as I laid eyes on this bad-boy, I knew it was for me. It’s basically an 8900 on steroids. Yes, 3G is packed in to the familiar form factor. No word has leaked yet on launch plans, but from what I’m hearing so far it looks like late 2009 or early 2010 for the Gemini.
Here are some current specs listed on the BlackBerry 9300 ‘Gemini’ from BGR:
- The screen will be larger than the BlackBerry 8900, and that will also include a higher resolution
- The CPU will also be beefed up. We’re not sure if this means it will include something more powerful than the Bold’s 624MHz processor or not, but we’d like to think so.
- The device is said to be silver (think BlackBerry 8830)
- The keyboard is a little more rounded than the BlackBerry 8900
- The Send/End keys are rounded instead of being flat on the sides
- Styling is not drastically different — it keeps with the 8900/Storm styling
- It of course rocks quad-band GSM/GPRS/EDGE, and tri-band UMTS/HSDPA
- Wi-Fi and GPS was not confirmed, but we’d say there’s about a 99.99% chance
- Camera specs were not confirmed as well, but you can bet you’re looking at 3.2 megapixels or better
Can’t wait for this one.