With the growing number of iPhone apps, it gets harder and harder to find out about all the cool things in the AppStore. Mobui Corporation saw that problem and at the CTIA they’ve announced the private beta launch of the new AppsWeLike mobile application referral network with the idea to provide iPhone application developers and publishers the opportunity to “insert recommendation lists of mobile applications that they like within the iPhone applications that they build and generate revenue based on a click-per-action model.”
As a result, we may see the AppsWeLike icon appearing in many iPhone apps by clicking on which, you could find out about other cool apps developers suggest.
Here’s how the service works for developers:
Developers and publishers who join the AppsWeLike network will have the opportunity to earn iTunes affiliate program commissions on applications purchased through their referral lists. Mobui is offering the AppsWeLike network free of charge to developers and publishers in exchange for a portion of the iTunes affiliate referral commissions.
Some of the AppsWeLike features include:
- Free AppsWeLike code module – lightweight and easy-to-implement library to application developers and publishers.
- Publisher/Developer control over recommendation lists
- Reciprocal recommendation lists
- User-generated Facebook recommendation lists
- Web-based administration and reporting tool
- Support for multiple mobile platforms – although AppsWeLike is initially focused on iPhone, Mobui plans to make the service available for other platforms, as well.
Want to know more? AppsWeLike’s website has more information. While there, you can also sign-up if you’re an iPhone developer.