Famous Windows Mobile application developer Spb Software announced the release of Spb TV at the CTIA Wireless in Las Vegas. Touted as the “practical mobile TV player,” Spb TV comes with such neat features as patent-pending on-screen controls and fast channel switching technology, use of intelligent stream correction, picture-in-picture mode, and an integrated TV guide with export of show reminders into Outlook. The application, extracted from Spb’s other product – Spb Online, will be available as a subscription-based service.
Among the Spb TV 1.0 features, we highlight:
- Easy to use TV browser with quick channels preview and list of current and upcoming TV shows
- Integrated full week’s TV guide
- Ability to set Outlook reminders for TV shows of interested
- Fast channels launch and switching technology
- Picture-in-picture mode (channel preview while in another channel)
- Finger-friendly controls as well as full support of hardware buttons controls
- Network bandwidth fluctuations support
Spb TV 1.0 is compatible with all Windows Mobile smartphones and PDAs. The application costs $14.95, and the free, feature-limited version is also available… More information about Spb TV is available from the following links: smartphone (non-touchscreen) and Pocket PC (touchscreen) version.