Just as we expected, Palm has issued a firmware upgrade for its Pre smartphone. The update brings webOS version to 1.1.0, adding new features along the way.
Here’s the recap of what’s changed:
- New service pre-installed: NFL Mobile Live from Sprint.
- Calendar: the default reminder intervals are 15 minutes for timed events and one day for all-day events.
- Camera: Photos application opens more quickly when launched from the camera.
- Clock: better support for time zones; when alarm is set, a small icon will appear in the notification area at the bottom of the screen. Clicking on that icon will display alarm details.
- Contacts: improved synchronization with Facebook and Google.
- Email: mail server can be an IP address; support for self-signed certificates; improved Exchange ActiveSync (EAS) support.
- Messaging: emoticons support; better management of IM accounts.
- Phone: minor usability improvements.
- System: improved functionality of person reminders; syncing with iTunes works again!
- Web: few usability improvements.
In a nutshell, it’s a must update. Here’s a link to the detailed change log for those who want to dig into details.
UPDATE: PreCentral found some other non-documented features. Check them out.