Obviously the wireless industry is taking a hit based on the current economic environment. And apparently, consumers are now saying that data plans may be one of the things they’re most likely to cut/reduce as times get harder.
So, Bytemobile thought it would be interesting to offer carriers some ways to stay relevant, maintain competitive advantage and weather the economic storm. Bytemobile, works with more than 100 carriers around the world to help make their networks more efficient and offer their users customized mobile internet services.
Let’s check out the suggestions then:
1. Reduce network data volume to increase capacity for growth in internet traffic and users within their existing architecture.
2. Launch customized data services that differentiate between premium plan and standard plan subscribers in order to up-sell more expensive rate plans and better overall mobile experience.
3. Pinpoint content that an individual is most likely to seek and deliver directly to the user’s device. The result is a productive and satisfying mobile internet experience without extensive search and navigation and will result in increased data consumption.
4. Influence user behavior, both adding value to and extracting value from off-portal content that passes through the network, resulting in the monetization of subscribers’ mobile web browsing.
5. Increase compensation from mobile content providers by enabling the development and delivery of highly-personalized third-party applications.
What do we think about these? Obviously on their own they don’t form the detail of an in-depth recovering plan, but there’s some reasonable thoughts in there I think. If you’ve got comments on the suggestions, we’d love to here them – drop us a line in the comments form at the end of this post!
You can find out more about Bytemobile and what they do, here.