Hooah, looks like HTC isn’t the only one brining out the big guns in trying to blunt Nokia World hype. Sony Ericsson has outed their XPERIA X2, and though just a little expected, the 8.1 megapixel camera and refined XPERIA style certainly buys its way into the limelight.
- Screen: 3.2″, 800 x 480 pixel, 65,536 color touchscreen
- Memory: SanDisk microSD / microSDHC (up to 16GB), phone memory 110MB
- Networks: GSM/GPRS/EDGE 850/900/1800/1900; UMTS/HSPA 900/1900/2100
- A-GPS, Wi-Fi
- Available colours: Elegant Black – Modern Silver
- Size: 110.0 x 54.0 x 16.0 mm
- Weight: 155.0 gr
- Battery life: 10 hours talk, 500 hours standby on GSM; 6 hours talk, 640 standby on 3G
Like the Touch2, the X2 will also be running Windows Mobile 6.5, only using a new 3D panel user interface of which we’ve seen a little bit already. Every Windows Mobile smartphone maker has picked up the habit of re-skinning the Windows Mobile homescreen with custom UIs (user interfaces). HTC’s TouchFLO 3D UI is arguably the best, but Sony Ericsson’s Panel UI is arguably the most innovative – it gives you multiple independently configurable homescreens from which to choose. The idea is to tailor your homescreen to the specific task at hand (work, home, gym, car, video playback, etc.).
Can’t wait to get the X2 in your grubby mitts? It’ll be available in “select markets” in early fourth quarter. This holiday shopping season will be fun times!
[via Sony Ericsson]