- Two ARM cores integrated into a single chip – a dedicated CPU core and a dedicated modem processor – for an unparalleled level of integration:
- 1. 600MHz applications processor with floating point unit and L2 cache
- 2. 400MHz modem processor
- Supports both CDMA2000® 1xEV-DO Rev. A and UMTS HSDPA 7.2Mbps/HSUPA 5.76Mbps, and GSM
- In addition to the two ARM cores, features 320MHz application DSP for multimedia supporting full 30 fps WVGA encode/decode, 200MHz hardware-accelerated 3D graphics core supporting OPEN GL 2.0, high-resolution camera, integrated GPS
- 12mm x 12mm footprint
- Optimized power consumption
True, the processor isn’t as speedy in comparison to the Pre, but I’m guessing the device will fall in-line at a lower introductory price anyways… at least in comparison to its big brother.
Also worthy of note here is the modem chip. Looks like it will support EVDO and HSDPA. Interesting. Guess the same chipset will be packaged up with the Pixi when the GSM variant comes on the scene.