Verizon is set to unveil their new Android hotness tomorrow, and we’ll be there to witness history in the making. If you’re calendar isn’t already marked, remember to keep an eye out for out of Motorola Droid coverage from Verizon’s Android shin-dig!
For those of you that haven’t yet caught wind of the Motorola Droid or Verizon’s Droid advertisement blasting across all forms of media, the Motorola Droid is the first (of many) Android phones from Verizon. And with the way things are shaping up, the Droid could very well turn out to be the baddest Android smartphone on the planet!
In just a matter of hours, well be putting our crusty fingers all over the Droid’s 3.7-inch touchscreen, 5-megapixel camera outfitted with dual-LED flash and low-light shooting capabilities, and the Android OS 2.0. Will the Droid have what it takes to reign supreme among worthy Android competitors like the HTC Hero. Will it give the iPhone something to lose sleep over? Well see soon enough…
For now, drool over the Droid’s spec sheet:
- OS: Android 2.0 (Eclair), 550 Mhz processor
- Display: 3.7-inch WVGA (480 x 854) touchscreen, backlit with haptic feedback
- Camera: 5 megapixel with dual LED flash, autofocus, image stabilization, 4 X digital zoom, and video capture (24 FPS, 720 x 480)
- Battery: 1400 mAh, 385 min. continuous usage, 270 hr. standby
- Connectivity: EVDO Rev. A (3G), aGPS, Bluetooth 2.1 + EDR, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g, microUSB 2.0, 3.5mm headphone jack, microSD slot (comes with 16 GB, expandable to 32 GB)