As we near the end of the month, it is time to read the latest “State of the Mobile Web” from Opera. Thanks to Opera Mini’s server-client architecture, the Opera folks in Norway have the ability to provide detailed analytics and insight as to what is popular in various parts of the world. This month’s episode focuses on Latin America, but let us focus on the global statistics:
- Opera saw double digit growth in unique users, pages viewed and data consumed
- There are now 39.6 million Opera Mini users, 11.3% more than September 2009, and 155% more compared to October 2008
- Those users viewed 17.2 billion websites, up 14.8% compared to last month, and up 238% compared to October 2008
- Opera’s server pumped out 250.8 TB, 16% more than last month, and 233% more than October 2008
- The top 10 countries for Opera Mini usage are (in order): Russia, Indonesia, India, China, Ukraine, South Africa, United States, United Kingdom, Poland and Vietnam
We’re still waiting for Opera Mini 5 to get out of beta. It’s by far one of the best browsers on the market, and it’s my browser of choice on my Nokia E71. That’s right, even with Opera 10 Mobile available for Symbian devices, I still prefer the J2ME Opera Mini 5 beta. Read my review to find out why I love it so much. Hint: SPEED.