Ten days ago we talked about Palm’s web-based SDK, Ares, and that it’s available to select developers, only. Not any more – the Ares now lives in public beta, allowing anyone with not much technical expertise to make their own webOS app. The service is accessible through web browser (Safari, Chrome or Firefox) from ares.palm.com.
- Integrated development environment – drag-and-drop interface builder, code editor, visual debugger, log viewer, source control integration.
- Access to the full library of Mojo UI widgets.
- Push-button project & scene creation.
- Drag-and-drop file upload.
- Instant project upload & download.
- Preview apps in the browser.
- Run apps directly on the webOS emulator or device (requires SDK installation).
Hopefully this will help push webOS forward and soon enough we’ll have tons of apps available for the platform. I’m keeping my fingers crossed for the Palm. 😉