Motorola DROID users will soon be able to get their hands on Android 2.1. This, according to Motorola’s Facebook page. Details of the update are still fuzzy at best, but the good ‘ol team over at Engadget have jotted down their thoughts on what may be coming in 2.1 for the DROID:
- The update is based on Android 2.1. Build currently in the works is 2.1 version 1.
- Google Goggles is pre-installed
- Browser is now multi-touch enabled
- News and weather widgets intro’d on the Nexus One will be included
- No active wallpapers or home screen updates
Keep in mind this is all speculation… There’s only one thing for certain here: The DROID update is being tested by the good folks at Verizon, and we’ll see it real soon (provided the testing goes smooth as butter). I’ll keep my ear to the ground for more details as they become available.
Note: Canadian ‘DROID’ seekers… Still nothing new on the TELUS Motorola Milestone yet. I still suspect we’ll see it by the end of the month… I’ll be sure to let you know once I hear anything official.