The Consumer Reports Mobile Shopper allows you to access ratings and reliability data while you’re out-and-about doing your shopping. Very convenient (and useful) to say the very least.
Key features found within include:
- Scan barcodes, browse or search product info
- View test Ratings
- Compare Ratings, features and specs
- Check overall reliabilities by brand
- Shop online or shop locally
- Share deals or product ideas with friends and family (email or Facebook)
- Save products for future access
Sadly, the app isn’t a free one. In fact, it’s got a bit of a premium price tag attached. You’ll need to throw down $9.99 to pick it up. Expensive for sure, but if you’re big on Consumer Reports, or simply want credible ratings, reviews and info while you’re doing your shopping… I have a feeling the app will pay itself off after the first purchase you make.
The Consumer Reports Mobile Shopper requires iOS 4.0 or greater, and we’re also told a version for Android is under development as well. Good stuff.
Consumer Reports Mobile Shopper (Free) [iTunes link]