Evernote updated its already awesome iPhone app. Version 4 comes with a new UI and tons of other changes and features. Here’s what you get:
- New Home Screen with Snippet View showing your latest notes when you start the application. The new view maximizes the amount of information that is presented in a small amount of space – if a note is text only, then the app will show the title of the note and as much text as will fit into the snippet. If it’s an image, then you’ll see a slice out of the image, and if it’s a mix of text and other forms of content, Evernote will show you the title, some text and a thumbnail.
- New “New Note” screen which you get to see by clicking on the big plus icon. The screen is divided in two halves with top part being used for standard text entry and the bottom for attachments, tagging and notebook assigning.
- You can now attach multiple items — audio notes included — to a single note.
- Improved browsing with the ability to select / filter using both tags and notebooks.
- Resource views that relate to the current note list and allow you to see the images from all notes (Image view), all attachments excluding images (Attachment view) and all notes with geo-location information (Map view).
- Search now has its own screen, allowing for quick access to your saved searches that appear below the search bar.
At the end, Evernote promised to update its iPad app, incorporating many of the ideas and concepts from this iPhone redesign.
Evernote (FREE) [iTunes link]