When the iPad 2 was unveiled by Apple last week, one of its biggest new features was the ability to create and edit media content within GarageBand and iMovie. Today, iMovie received an update that makes it more consistent across the different iOS devices. If you’re unfamiliar with the app, it’s basically a simple movie editor that lets you cut, edit, add text and soundtracks to movies you film from your iOS device, or movies you’ve important into your photo album.
The new update brings a host of new features:
- Universal design for iPad 2, iPhone 4 and iPod touch fourth generation
- Multi-touch precision editor for the iPad
- Three new themes: Neon, Simple and CNN iReport
- HD Sharing to YouTube, Facebook, Vimeo and CNN iReport
- AirPlay support to Apple TV for iOS 4.3
- Fade in from black, or fade out to black
There are a lot more additions to the update, so find it in iTunes to check it out for yourself. If you aren’t already an iMovie user, it costs $4.99 for the iPhone and iPod touch, and for the iPad 2 (sorry first-gen iPad owners!).