Independent mobile ad network InMobi launched InMobi SmartPay, a “performance based global mobile payments solution” that combines InMobi’s global ad network with a mobile payments solution. According to the company, the solution enables app developers, game companies and content providers to monetize their users by providing a one-time, no-cost, single point of integration across multiple countries. Consumers on their end get a seamless mobile checkout experience using secure, direct to carrier billing to start, with additional payment methods (PayPal, credit cards and mobile wallet) to be included by the end of the year.
InMobi lists the following competitive advantages of SmartPay:
- Ability to monetize three billion mobile consumers in 30 countries easily through mobile web and Android in-app billing by the end of the year
- Analytics tools that offer transaction performance insights that help clients maximize conversion in every country
- One time, one place integration for easy monetization
- Integration with the InMobi ad network providing post click performance optimization from ad impression to purchase
- Secure and efficient technology that handles regulatory fraud, tax, currency, and settlements across all countries.
InMobi SmartPay is already active with numerous clients globally and is moving into private beta over the next 60 to 90 days before opening up the service to the entire market in Q3 2011.