goHow Airport has been available for the iPhone and BlackBerry users for quite some time now, and had just recently hit the Android Market. Available as a free download, this handy app is made to help travelers “gain control of their air travel experience” by providing them with quick access to such things as:
- Up-to-date information about flight and gate check-in times
- Real-time flight updates and airport operational alerts via push notifications
- Real-time parking and security line wait times, where available
- Weather information for both departure and arrival cities
- Real-time ratings of airport concessionaires and facilities with the ability to add your own.
In addition and as a compensation for getting all this valuable data for free, you’ll be exposed to “highly targeted promotions” customized to your gate location, time of day and departure/arrival cities. In other words, you’ll be seeing ads for restaurants and stores that are around you, inviting you to spend some of your hard-earned cash while waiting for the gate to open. I say it’s a fair deal, what do you think?