File this one under “it’s-so-simple-I-should-have-though-of-it-myself.” You can choose a variety of ringtones (and even custom ringtones) and sounds for your iPhone, or you can choose to have your iPhone vibrate, or you can choose to have your iPhone vibrate and ring at the same time. Unfortunately, the iPhone doesn’t have an option to vibrate first then start ringing.
Thankfully, we can change that with a little custom-ringtone magic.
Here’s what you do:
- Create your own customer ringtone from an MP3 or AAC file.
- Insert a 5-10 second section of silence into the beginning of the track.
- Convert and upload your ringtone with iToner, Nakko, or any other iPhone ringtone utility.
- Choose the newly uploaded ringtone as your, um, ringtone.
- Set your iPhone to ring and vibrate.
The next time your iPhone rings, it will vibrate for 5-10 seconds (depending on how much silence you inserted into the beginning of the track) before ringing. This should give you enough time to silence your iPhone before it starts blaring that Britney Spears track that you love soo much – it could save you a good deal of embarrassment.
[Via: iPhone Central]