- Improved battery life management
- Reduced backup times to iTunes
- Improved email reliability (especially for getting mail from POP and Exchange accounts)
- Faster app installations
- Fewer call setup failures and call drops
- Faster text messaging, loading of contacts and more
- Improved accuracy on the 3G signal strength display…
… and I could go on. Lots of cool updates included in this somewhat more major update. For more info on the iPhone 2.1 Firmware update click here or download it directly via iTunes right now.