Nokia earnings drop 30% in Q3, forcast strong

Nokia Nokia’s quarterly earning report made today was a little less than sparkly. Earnings dropped little under a half-billion euros, market share was down 2%, and total sales were down 5%, which isn’t all that bad considering they’re up 5% year-on-year. Overall, Nokia is looking to raise their volume 10% before the end of the year, which seems entirely likely with the XpressMusic 5800 Tube coming out soon and rumours of touchscreen devices galore for the near future. The numbers may be lukewarm, but I think everyone feels pretty confident that Nokia will do just fine in the long run.

[Nokia via MarketWatch]

  • newtype2011

    Things have been pretty dry for Nokia over the last few months, so it will be interesting to see how things pan out for them as they slowly release the N85, N79, and 5800 -

Back to top ▴